- 1. Determining the intended use: Before buying an Electric Unicycle you need to determine the purpose for buying one. It can vary depending on your needs. You might need a unicycle for commuting purpose or also for recreational purpose. Depending on that you have to choose its features like wheels, portability, price range etc.
- 2. Wheels: Generally, large wheels are more comfortable to ride since they are much heavier while smaller wheels are more flexible and agile.The excess weight of the larger wheel makes the EUC feel much more stable. So this kind of unicycle is comfortable while commuting, especially if you encounter too many potholes, gravelly pavement or any other bumps on your way. Their weight to size ratio makes them less easy to carry around but it still gives the unicycle more stability.
- 3. Range: It might seem like a logical choice to go for the highest range of unicycle you can afford, but is not always the best option for everyone. With extra range comes extra battery power, which might not be necessary and makes the cycle heavier and much more expensive. If you need a unicycle for making short trips, then you can choose a model with a smaller range and save money.
- 4. Portability: Portability is one of the main concerns while buying a self-balancing scooter. For obvious reasons, the 14-inch wheels will be much more portable than 18-inch ones. Inward folding pedals are more portable for transportation. Some EUCs come with extendable trolley handle that allows you to roll the EUC on the ground like a wheeled suitcase. You can also get special backpacks for carrying your unicycle along with other things.
- 5. Battery-Capacity: The battery is the most expensive part of your EUC since the cost will increase dramatically with battery power. Cheap polymer batteries are not good as they can catch fire or explode while the unicycle is being used so it is better to buy a good battery. Reputed battery brands like Samsung and Panasonic are long-lasting and durable.
- 6. Pedal size and height:Checking the pedals before buying a EUC is important. Pedals should be wide enough so that it can support the entire feet width and long enough to cover the entire length of the foot. If pedals are not proper, the rider will face many difficulties while riding on the unicycle.
An electric unicycle is a fast and eco-friendly way of travelling. It is not just economical and fast, but also eco-friendly- as it does not contribute to the pollution in the environment. But buying a unicycle is quite an investment, so before buying it there are a few things that need to be kept in mind. These things will make sure that your purpose for buying it has been successfully fulfilled. So here is a list of things that one must keep in mind while buying an electric unicycle: